Thursday, June 27, 2013

BYOD benefits

Bring your own device (BYOD) is a grreat program to implement into the schools.  Students are able to bring their own device (i.e., Kindle, Nook, iPad, Tablet, iPod) to utilize in the classroom.  Students are able to use their independent reading books from their device.  In my classroom this past year, my students were bringing in their devices every day.  I noticed during math class, when the students had completed their homework, they turned to their device and read their independent reading book.  I proivded my students a list of free apps that our class would utilize (Dictionary.com, Quizlet, audiobooks) and directions for downloading the apps.  Students were able to use the comfort of their device while using the apps in the classroom.  In my classroom, I observed a lot of benefits for utilizing this technology to engage and enhance student learning. 

I have attached a website that provides other articles on the benefits, parent questions, other schools using the programs, and more! http://www.teachthought.com/technology/20-byod-resources-for-21st-century-school/

1 comment:

Melissa said...

What about the students who don't own a device? Were there any issues with that?